All ABC Greater Tennessee events originally scheduled through April 24th, 2020 have been cancelled until further notice (East Tennessee Golf Tournament has been rescheduled for June 29th, 2020).
Information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be issued at a rapid pace. In order to stay up to date and access accurate information, employers are encouraged to utilize the below links.
ABC National is hosting the following webinar series on Coronavirus:
- March 18, 2020: Construction Employer Responsibilities and OSHA Compliance During the Coronavirus Emergency: Register
- March 19, 2020: The Economy in the Time of Coronavirus: The Near- and Longer-term Outlooks for the Economy and the Markets: Register
- March 20, 2020: Contract Issues and the Coronavirus: Register
- March 24, 2020: Practical Issues for Employers in Navigating the New Federal Emergency Paid FMLA and Sick Leave Mandates: Register
- March 24, 2020: COVID-19 and Its Impact on Jobsite Health and Safety: Register
- March 26, 2020: Navigating COVID-19 From the C-Suite Leader’s Perspective: Register
- March 31, 2020: Insights and Strategies to Help Contractors Respond to COVID-19: Register
- April 1, 2020: Coronavirus Impacts on HR and Employee Benefits: Register
- April 2, 2020: Contractors and Supply Chain Partners: Thinking and Delivering "Win-Win" Supply Chains: Register
- April 16, 2020: Technology Can Help ABC Contractors as Coronavirus Disrupts the Industry: Register
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for more information on the coronavirus, including the resources below:
Visit ABC general counsel Littler Mendelson’s coronavirus webpage, which includes the resources below:
Visit the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) website for additional employer resources:
Visit the Occupational Safety and Health Administration website for interim guidance on preventing exposures and infection:
ABC Insurance Trust Recommends:
- Educating employees on what is known about the virus including transmission and prevention.
- Establishing a written communicable illness policy and response plan.
- Allowing employees flexible work options to help prevent the spread of illness in the workplace.
Tools You Can Use
ABC Job Site Safety Sign
COVID-19 Toolbox Talks & Other Employer Resources
COVID-19 Jobsite Posters
Sample Authorization to Work Letter
Employee Rights FFCRA Poster -This Notice, similar to other employment notices, must be posted in a conspicuous place at work on or before April 1, 2020. Since the working environment is greatly changed at the moment with some places of employment completely closed, employees sheltered at home and others working remotely, posting the Notice on the bulletin board at work might not be enough. We would suggest that you might want to disseminate the Notice by other means such as email or company intranet or other company-wide communications devise such as an electronic company bulletin board or whatever form of communication you are using currently to communicate with your employees. Additionally, directly mailing the Notice to each employee would work as well.
Federal Employee Rights Poster
Zoom Meeting Security Tips
***The information contained in the Coronavirus Update webpage is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or opinion, nor is it a substitute for the professional judgment of an attorney.
***For further information about COVID-19, please visit your state and local government webpages.