ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - Greater Tennessee Chapter
To Apply: contact [email protected]
Provide classroom instructions in the Carpentry trade, maintain classroom conduct, information, material, equipment, tools and labs.
- Instruct and supervise apprentices safely in required classroom and hands-on training
- Oversee apprentices conduct in the classroom to ensure that apprentices are following established classroom guidelines
- Proctor apprentice exams and performance profiles
- Conduct apprentice evaluation for classroom performance
- Assess apprentices' knowledge to ensure they have met minimum requirements to pass the performance profiles
- Administer and process all required classroom documentation
- Conduct training within ABC Greater Tennessee guidelines utilizing NCCER standardized curriculum
- Attend career fair and community entrenchment events to promote the apprenticeship program and assist with recruiting new apprentices
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
Professional Skills: Ability to set a professional and positive image for the Association, assume the position of role model for the students and have strong leadership skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion with student issues and matters of personal student privacy is required. Must be a self-motivated team player and be able to work under minimal supervision. Must have the ability and creativity to prepare classroom instruction, create labs and invent new projects.
Computer Skills: proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Email
Equipment Operation: knowledge of common office equipment operation including copiers, mail machines, fax machines, etc.
Trade Knowledge: 5+ years Experience Required in trade. Proficient in general construction operations with emphasis at a journey level for the trade being taught.
Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all
current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status,
familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions,
childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation,
past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by
federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity
ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.