Resource Valley Construction Training Council (RVCTC)
Apprentice Training in Carpentry, Masonry and Electrical
The Resource Valley Construction Training Council (RVCTC) sponsors several apprenticeship programs and is an independent association of general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and associates who believe in training our employees in order to make sure that there is a qualified work force for the future of the construction industry.
The Resource Valley Training Council (RVCTC) is accepting appications for the RVCTC apprenticeship program. The RVCTC apprenticeship program consists of four (4) years of on-the-job training and one (1) night of school per week.
Participating Contractor Requirements & fees:
- Contractor must be a current member of Associated General Contractors or Associated Builders and Contractors.
- Contractor pays a monthly fee based on number of students enrolled
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent (copy of diploma or GED must be sent with application)
- Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade
- Books to be used throughout the program.
- Knox County registration fee (currently $115/year-subject to increase).
- RVCTC tuition $1,800 per year (if not RVCTC member sponsored)
To become a carpenter, electrical, or masonry apprentice, one must fulfill each of the general requirements.
This qualifies one for an interview before the contractor board members. Each member of the Board rates the applicants and top scores receive admission into the program. The interview process may be waived and all applicants accepted into the program. The number of students taken varies from year to year according to demand. Call 865-525-2165 if you have any questions.
THE RVCTC IS AN EEO PARTICIPANT AND WILL ABIDE BY ALL EEO RULES AND REGULATIONS.
Resource Valley Construction Training Council - Member Requirements (PDF)
Resource Valley Construction Training Council Brochure (PDF)